Topeka North Outreach, Inc. (TNO) is a humanitarian relief organization comprised of local churches that have united to extend a helping hand to the poor and oppressed in their time of need. This all volunteer group serves residents of the Oakland, North Topeka, and surrounding communities.
TNO shares God's love with people who are struggling by helping to meet some of their basic needs. The organization offers a unique set of services that most other aid agencies do not offer. These outreach services minister to the recipients' physical, social, emotional, and spiritual well-being, in hopes of decreasing poverty, illiteracy, abuse, crime, addictions and hopelessness.
Chartered in 1971 as a 501(c)3 non-profit organizations, Topeka North Outreach, Inc. has served Topeka for over 49 years. TNO cooperates with other emergency aid agencies in the community and we participate in the MAAC Link system, which helps protect against the potential abuse or overuse of the aid provided and allows us to help as many people in the community as possible
We receive food and funding from our member churches, private donors, and community groups. We are especially thankful for the support of The 20-30 Club of Topeka, Stormont Vail Foundation, Project Topeka, and The Topeka Community Foundation.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The Holy scriptures to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God;
- There is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
- In the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory;
- For the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration of the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential;
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling Man is enabled to live a godly life;
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation;
- In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ;
- God created all human beings in His image and we must honor the physical and spiritual needs of all people;
- Following Christ's example, we believe that every person should be treated with love, dignity, and respect.